Tuesday, September 14, 2010

New job!

So Kev and I both already have full time jobs; he works at Zions Bank, and I am the Property Manager at the Hampton Inn. Kevin started school again in August, and is also an assistant scout master at church, so he is pretty busy during the week. The only other activities I have going on during the week is yoga. Before I was married I had two jobs a couple different times, and I've liked it. I really actually like waitressing (sounds weird huh?) and the extra money doesn't hurt either, especially when we will most likely be paying for most of school ourselves. Plus it would give me something to do while Kevin is working on school, going to scouts, and coaching the young men's football team (forgot to mention that one earlier!) Kevin knows the manager at Mikado in Bountiful, which is a Japanese and Sushi restraunt. I LOVE sushi, and eat there all the time. So I went in and talked to her, and she hired me as a server. I started last week, and so far I love it! I work 2-3 nights a week, and the shifts are only about 3-4 hours. Plus, I get 50% off everything, which is awesome.



YUM!


The other nice thing is that they are closed Sundays, and they are only open until 9 during the week, and 10 on weekends. So I still get home in time to hang out with Kevin (and Oliver) before bed. So, we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, way to go Megan!! That's awesome. Sounds like you two are busy busy busy! That's how it usually goes as newlyweds right? I hardly saw John when he was in school and working so it's good to find something to occupy that time. And the extra money never hurts!

    ReplyDelete