Kitten!

Oliver
So I was going to wait until I had a better picture, but neither of our cameras are working, so this picture from my phone will have to do. We got him on Sunday, and LOVE him. We've been talking about getting a kitten for a while, but didn't want to have to put down a pet deposit or make extra payments. Since I just recently picked up a second job (that will be for another post) we decided to get one. We planned on looking at a few shelters and taking our time, and I wanted a kitten that was 10-12 weeks old already. So Sunday night I started innocently looking at ads for kittens on KSL, and found the cutest kittens in North Salt Lake. I showed Kevin and he said "Let's call them" I was like, seriously? We called, they said they had one left and we aksed if we could go see him. Kevin asked if I had my checkbook with me... he is more of a sucker than I am! We knew if we went to see him we would end up taking him home that night... and we did : ) He is SUCH a good kitten though! He is calm, but still playfull. He only cried the first night we put him to bed. He is only 6 weeks old, a bit younger than I wanted, but I am so glad we picked him. He has had a couple accidents, since he is still so young. We've had to wash our comforter and a rug. But since yesterday he has been using his litterbox well. It is like taking care of a baby! He wakes us up around 6 every morning wanting to play, and sleeps in his little cat bed all day while we are at work. We are so in love with him, we are trying to hold him and pet him as much as possible so he will stay cuddly when he gets older. I wanted a male cat specifically because they tend to be calmer than females. Hopefully we will get a camera working so we can get better pictures, he is so cute!
P.S. Don't be mad mom & dad... we will take Penny back with us as soon as we get a little yard for her!
I knew it! He is cute though....and I love the name Oliver.
ReplyDeleteHe is named after the kitten in Oliver and Company lol.
ReplyDeleteHe looks Siamese! Didn't we have a cat that looked like that?
ReplyDeleteWe think he is a Balinese mix. It's sort of in between a Siamese and Himalayian. He wont have the ugly big ears and face-shape like a Siamese, but his hair won't be as long as Himalayian. Look up Balinese kittens online, he looks excatly like some of them. They are cute!
ReplyDeleteBTW, you should start a blog
ReplyDelete