Sunday, August 5, 2012

14 weeks + a new job


I am in my second trimester, which is when everyone says you feel the best.  For the most part I do, no more all-day nausea (thank-goodness!)  But there are always annoying pregnancy symptoms that never leave you.  I enjoy food again though.  A lot.  I've eaten crab legs two weekends in a row.  Kevin gets me sunflower seeds from the grocery store like every other day.  I don't really get weird cravings, but when I do want something, I want it!  I went all the way from Bountiful to Salt Lake during work for lunch just for Weinerschnitzel the other day.  But it was soooo good.  



Me at 14 weeks 


It seems easier to take pictures after church on Sunday.  I'm already dressed, why not?

So on to Kevin's new job!  He has worked at Zions bank for 6 years now.  He's been ready for a change, and a friend of his works at Ranlife Home Lending.  He went on a mountain bike ride with him and his manager about a month ago, and the manager told him to send in his resume, because he knew quite a bit about loans.  It was a really long hiring process, three interviews and final testing, but he got the job!  He will be a mortgage loan officer in downtown Salt Lake.  It is salary plus commission, so he has the opportunity to do really well.  We are excited for him to start next week.  

Unfortunately, he starts his new job the same week we were going to go to San Francisco for my cousin's wedding.  So he probably won't be going, but I'm going to drive up with my brother and his wife.  My parents and lots of family will be there so I'm excited!  

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture...you look great! So cute! Can't want to see you next week!!!! So happy for Kevin's new job, he deserves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding about a super long hiring process, Kyle told me about it, sheesh. But yay for our husbands working together! You look great, I am sure when you get really pregnant you will be all belly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaley, we need to hang out! Now that are husbands work together we need to get together more often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously we haven't really done that since Kevin and I worked together it needs to start happening again!

    ReplyDelete