This past week my family and I got to go to Maryland for my brother Trevor's wedding! Trevor & Emily met at BYU and they are just perfect for eachother. My parents, brother, and I flew out Saturday morning. We got to go to Emily's bridal shower that night, and meet her family. Sunday we went to church with them, and then relaxed at the house. The towns there are so much different from anywhere I've ever been. They all have front decks and huge yards. Maryland is so pretty and green. The weather was perfect the whole time we were there.
Monday we went into D.C. and rode the Metro, which was fun because I've never done that before. We went to the Natural History Museum, Holocaust museum, and walked around the mall (which is not actually a shopping mall... who knew?) Tuesday we went to Annapolis, which is on the Chesapeake Bay (I think?) It is an adorable little town that is right near the harbor. That day was Kevin and my anniversary, and he had to stay behind because of school. That night we picked him up from the airport (yay!) and we stayed in a hotel in Annapolis. Wednesday we went back out to D.C. because Emily took out her endowments at the temple. We went to a couple more museums, saw the World War II memorial, Lincoln memorial (from far away) then went down to Arlington, VA to go to the Arlington National Cemetary. We got there just in time to see the changing of the guards. That night we had a bonfire and BBQ at Emily's parent house.
Thursday, while everyone was getting ready for the wedding the next day, Kevin and I snuck off to North Beach, about 10 minutes from Emily's house. It was a tiny little beach, but an east coast beach nontheless, and I just had to go. It ended up being gorgeous outside, and it was so nice. We went to a local seafood restaurant, and got tons of crab. Which was the BEST crab I have ever had!
Friday was my brother's wedding. They got married in the Washington D.C. temple and it was a beautiful ceremony. The reception was super fun, there was even a cardboard cut-out of Todd that everyone took pictures with. Saturday we spend the day in Baltimore since we were flying out of BWI aiport that evening. Baltimore is a really fun place, and has a ton going on! It is right on the bay, and there is tons of shopping restaurants, and things to see. We got to tour an old submarine, and a huge boat that was used to capture slave ships in the 1800's.
These are only a tiny fraction of the pictures we took. But the trip was awesome, and I'm so glad we got to spend an entire week out there, since I don't know when we'll ever be able to go back! The East Coast is beautiful and SO green. I've never seen so many trees.
At the "mall" in D.C.
Mom and Dad
Annapolis Harbor
Kev and I on our anniversary in Annapolis
Eating blue crab in North Beach
Washington D.C. Temple
Mr. & Mrs. Fenn!
Wedding pictures
In Baltimore, MD
On board on of the old ships in Baltimore












No comments:
Post a Comment