This has been one crazy month! The whole first week of Bradley's life was spent in the hospital, hooked up to an IV. Our first week home my parents were here, and they were a huge help! Bradley didn't quite understand that he was supposed to sleep at night. When I just couldn't stay awake any longer and he wouldn't stop crying, my mom would gladly take him and rock him downstairs so I could get some rest. Luckily by the time they left he started sleeping much better. Then we soon learned how fussy he could be during the day. With my parents gone I realized that this little baby loved to be held... at all times. I'd put him in his bouncer and he'd be fine for about 5-10 minutes, then he'd start crying. It just got worse and worse. By three weeks I decided he had to be the fussiest baby on the planet. He refused to take naps during the day and would just scream in my arms no matter what I did. I cut out dairy, I researched colic. We bought gas drops. I don't know what did it, or if we just got more used to the fussy-ness, but one day it just got easier. He actually took three naps one day, and I didn't even know what to do with myself! We're just crossing our fingers it lasts! He still likes to be held at all times while awake, but sometimes we can put him down for 10-15 minutes before he starts crying. We have somewhat of a routine now, and he seems much happier. We love our little boy!

Coming home from the hospital!
Sleeping in mommy's lap
He loves Grandpa!
No comments:
Post a Comment