Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Sheetcake

I should have posted this before, because these are TO DIE FOR and I found this recipe a while ago. Since then I gave the recipe to my mom, and she made them for a YW thing at church and everyone really liked them. If you like peanut butter, you've gotta try these.



Peanut Butter Sheet Cake


Mix in pan and bring to a boil:

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter

Sift the following and add to the above mixture:

1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda


Mix and add to the above mixture:

2 eggs
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla

Stir well and pour into greased or parchment lined cookie sheet pan (jellyroll pan). Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.

Frosting

Mix in pan and bring to a boil:

3/4 cup butter6 Tbsp buttermilk
1/2 cup peanut butter

Take off stove and add:

3 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 1 Tbsp vanilla. Pour over warm cake.



1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree...this stuff is amazing!! I've made if for the YW and they LOVE it...ha, as do the YM and leaders who come in and get the leftovers!

    ReplyDelete