We went to New Harmony (near Cedar City) Utah for 4th of July weekend. My parents came up from California, and my brother came down from Provo. It was sooo much fun! My family is so fun to hang around, we always have a good time. Saturday morning we went to the lower resevior and shot guns. My mom and I got lost though on the way there and had a nice little quad ride by ourselves : ) I don't like shooting guns anyways. It was so unbelievably hot down there though, I could hardly stand it.
We went on a horse ride late afternoon Saturday. Bad idea. I was so hot, dehydrated, and I ALMOST DIED! No seriously, I almost got bucked off of my horse. We were on our way back to the ranch, and apparently my horses foot got stuck in the mud and it must have scared her. Next thing I know she is bucking and going in circles and I am hanging on to the side of the horse. My first instinct was to just let go and get away from the horse, but that would have been a bad idea because my foot was caught in the stirrup. So I used literally every muscle in my body and pulled myself up while she was still pitching. About the time I got back on the sadle she stopped and was just like "oh, okay I'm fine" dumb horse. My uncle got off his horse and brought me my shoe (which had fallen off during the craziness) I told him I wanted to get off the horse, and I just walked her the rest of the way. I was fine, just super shakey, it was pretty scary! The next day I was so sore I could hardly breathe, & I probably strained a muscle in my back.
Anyways... that night we went into town and went to dinner and a movie with my uncle Rod and aunt Rebecca, and my uncle Bob and his wife Susan. Monday was the 4th and we went to the little New Harmony parade, we went to Quail Lake for a few hours. Short trip, but we love going down to the ranch for the weekend!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment