So before I got pregnant, whenever I heard people talking about feeling their baby move, what I pictured was feeling the baby "kick" maybe like 5-6 times a day. Well, I was wrong! I first started feeling him move around 15 weeks, and it just felt like a little "rumble" in my lower abdomen. It was like nothing I've ever felt before, but I knew it had to be the baby. I could only feel it laying really still, and it was just such a tiny movement, you could barely tell at all. Around 16 weeks, I started feeling that little rumble all the time, like every hour or so. It is the weirdest feeling, it just feels like they are swishing around in there. At about 17 weeks, I finally felt a little "kick" it was so tiny, but I felt it! Now I feel him moving at least 5 or 6 times an hour, & I read that later on you feel the baby move up to 30 times an hour! I had no idea the baby moved that much! At this point I've only felt a "kick" maybe a handful of times. Kevin has been dying to feel it, but I kept telling him it would be much later on when he could actually feel it. The other night we were laying in bed and I was like "oh! I just felt a kick!" he put his hand on my tummy and I put my hand over his and we pressed down. He kicked again! We both jumped and Kevin said "oh my gosh!" I couldn't believe he actually felt it. It was really fun. He hasn't been able to feel it since though. The last couple weeks of my pregnancy have been the best so far, finding out we are having a boy, and feeling him move. I've been feeling great, pretty much no symptoms at all. We are really looking forward to our 20 week ultrasound in a couple weeks, it is so awesome to get to SEE them move around. That's something I didn't really expect before I got pregnant either! And because a post is never complete without a few pictures, here are some outfits I've gotten for little Baby Day already.
The "I heart SF" onesie I got on my trip to San Francisco
And this one just because : )


Oh it gets better and better :)
ReplyDeleteHiccups are always fun or when they hear a loud noise and jump and react to it. Or when they get huge at the end and you can feel them turning and doing somersaults. Being preggo is fun!
Awww..brings back memories of when I was pregnant with you. I remember after you were born I of course was so excited, but that night I missed feeling you in my tummy and being such a part of me.
ReplyDelete