Monday, November 12, 2012

28 Week Update

First off, this is a long post, so sorry!

I am 28 weeks today! I can't believe that I'm already in my third trimester, and only have 10-12 weeks left until our baby boy is here.  My second trimester was really easy and I love that people can definitely tell I'm pregnant now.  The only major pain is that I get pretty bad headaches.  I don't know if its a pregnancy symptom or not, because I have been getting bad headaches and migraines since I was a little kid.  The only downside is now I can't take Ibuprofen, which is the ONLY thing that works for me.

Some new things are that I felt him hiccup for the first time last Sunday.  I laid down to take a nap and felt what was like a tiny little kick in the same spot.  It was rhythmic almost like a heartbeat, and went on for almost two minutes.  It was awesome. I think he may be laying transverse, because I feel the strongest kicks on my right side where I think his legs are, and then I felt hiccups on my left side where his head is.  He has been kicking my ribs a lot (only on the right side).  It doesn't hurt yet, but it gets a little annoying.

Kevin and I love watching him move around at night.  He's active pretty much all the time, but is even more so after dinner at night.  We can sit sometimes and watch him move for 20 minutes straight.  I love that Kevin is able to feel him and see him move almost every day.  We also found a crib last weekend, and I'm getting excited now that I can visualize what the nursery is going to look like.  In other news, I cannot wait to go to California next week for Thanksgiving and to have my first baby shower!


We also forgot to take a belly picture this weekend, but here is a picture of the crib we bought.


4 comments:

  1. Cute crib (and super cute, super soft blanket, haha!) I'm excited for your shower too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Megan!
    I have quite a few friends who get headaches pretty bad while they are pregnant- I think that's a prego thing!
    Since you can't take ibuprofen you should try oils- SERIOUSLY. Read up on using theraputic oils for headaches- totally worth trying! My sister in law is crazy about them and I just started playing with a few!

    ReplyDelete