I'll just post a small update since I've been having appointments every two weeks instead of monthly. Baby is growing great, he is 5 lbs 1 oz today and my doctor said she doubts he'll be more than 7-1/2 lbs when he's born. I was measuring a little small (33 cm at 34-1/2 weeks) so she decided to do an ultrasound. He wasn't being very active and his face was pressed into my hip so we didn't get any cute shots :( but it was still cool to see exactly how he is positioned. He is head down right in the middle of my pelvis, which is perfect, and facing my right hip. His legs are in my right rib cage (didn't need an ultrasound to figure that one out!) and his back is pressing against my left hip, which explains all the pressure in that area. My fluid levels could be a little higher, so she said to drink more water.
As far as aches and pains go, I've been getting pain in my upper back lately. By about 1 pm I can hardly stand to sit in my desk chair at work. I read that because his legs are putting pressure on my rib cage, it's causing them to be displaced and is pinching a nerve in my back. I also feel like I'm suffocating every night when I go to bed. I have to lay propped up on pillows to fall asleep. Even then every so often I sit straight up and feel like I'm gasping for air, it's awful. It will all be worth it in the end :) Just 5 or 6 more weeks to go!
He's already bigger than Trevor was when he was born! Trevor was 4 lb 15 oz when he was born at 34 weeks...so sounds like he is right on track! Sorry you're so uncomfortable...but he'll be here soon enough!! My amniotic fluid was low with Todd, too. Hang in there...can't wait for him to finally be here!
ReplyDelete