I've been starting to get the dreaded third trimester aches and pains, after having such an easy second trimester I guess I'm okay with it. Since the baby is head down he puts pressure on my cervix which causes some sharp shooting pains in that area. It hurts the most when I sit, but lying down isn't really an option at work so I just have to bear through it. My lower back also starts to hurt when I go grocery shopping, I don't know if it's the walking plus pushing a heavy cart, but last week it felt like I pulled a muscle on my left side. The next day I was fine. I told Kevin he is going to have to start grocery shopping with me every week! He's very excited about it. This little boy also loves to kick my ribs. A lot. Like, always. Some days I feel like there is always this pressure right beneath my ribs and they start to ache. It's lovely. The past couple night I've also felt like I can't breathe. Like I'm suffocating. Propping myself up with a pillow and sitting up helps me sleep a little better. I am getting very limited on room in there, and this baby still has a couple months to go and is just getting fatter!
The only things I really crave that I don't normally eat is orange juice, shrimp cocktail, and tomatoes. I go through at least a carton of o.j. a week. I also cannot WAIT to eat raw sushi again. I'm so sick of all the fried & cooked stuff...
Me at 32 Weeks
Kevin and I absolutely LOVE feeling him move all the time (even with the painful ribs). He is so so active. I don't know if he ever sleeps or stops moving. I don't totally know if it's normal or not... but at least I know he's alive and well in there. We may have a very hyper-active toddler on our hands one day!
Love it! Just think...I had Trevor at 34 weeks, Todd at 35, and you at 36-1/2! But...it is better to go to term, so I hope all this discomfort and aches and pains don't get too bad. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI really don't think I'll go past 38 weeks. At least I hope I don't go past 38 weeks. But you never know!
ReplyDelete