Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Six months

I can't believe six months ago this guy was born... and six months from now, he will be one!  He is such a happy baby, and he loves people.  Whenever we take him out people stop and say how cute and "bright eyed" he is, and when they talk to him he always gets a huge smile on his face and talks back.  He is a little flirt!  He is becoming really independent, and likes playing on the floor with his toys.  I am so used to holding him for all of church, that I didn't really think about putting him down on the floor to play.  He was getting fussy once and I laid him down with a toy, and he was just fine!  It was nice to not have to hold him for three hours straight.  He sleeps about 10 hours a night, waking up once to eat.  His naps are getting a little better, he will take 3-4 naps anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, sometimes an hour and a half.

At six months:

Weight 15.4 lbs 15th percentile
Height 27 inches 75th percentile 

-Can roll over like a champ, and can move across the living room by rolling.  Lately he has been hitting his head on the coffee table or getting stuck.
-Almost sitting by himself.  He will sit for about 30 seconds then topple over.
-Almost on his hands and knees.
-Loves reading books.  He will stop crying if I pull a book out.
-Started a new trick of banging his head against the mirror and watching for our reaction.  He loves it when Kevin or I laugh.
-Eats carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, banana, and avocado.
-Loves to go swimming, he will splash and play in the water.




















1 comment: