So I've kind of been into natural stuff lately. Like using coconut oil at a moisturizer, or olive oil as a hair treatment, stuff like that. So I stumbled upon a homemade chapstick recipe. For anyone who knows me, I am obsessed with chapstick. I freak-out if I ever leave home without it. Usually I have a chapstick in my purse, on my nightstand, and a back-up chapstick in the bathroom drawer. I already had the coconut oil, vitamin E oil, & olive oil needed for the recipe. I just had to order the organic cocoa butter, beeswax, and the chapstick tubes from here: http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/ It only cost about $14 bucks total with shipping, and I have plenty of beeswax and cocoa left over.
Here is the recipe:
1-1/2 tsp beeswax
2 tsp coconut oil
1-1/8 tps cocoa butter
3 tsp olive oil
3 capsules vitamin E oil
7 empty chapstick tubes
All you do is heat up all the ingredients except for the vitamin E (you put this in last) until everything is melted. You can do it in a double broiler or microwave (I used microwave). Then add the vitamin E oil, and pour into the empty tubes. Let cool, and they're done!
It is completely all-natural, and won't dry out your lips like some chapsticks. It smells great too, and it only took about 10 minutes to make 7 chapsticks. I'll probably give some away as gifts, but keep at least 3 for myself!

That is so neat...glad they turned out! I want one!
ReplyDeleteI love this!! Anything that is natural is definitely the better way to go. Are you into DoTerra oils? Kelli got me into them and I am in love with them. But I think I am going to try this chapstick. It sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteI haven't tried them, they are kind of expensive. Otherwise I would!
ReplyDelete